Table of Contents
- What is the Prostate?
- What is Prostate Cancer?
- Black Men and Prostate Cancer
- Risk Factors
- Screening and PSA Test
- Diagnosis and Staging
- I’ve Been Diagnosed… Now What?
- Lifestyle Changes
- Sexual Health
- For Caregivers: Friends and Family
Cost of treatments in Ontario
OHIP will pay for PSA screening tests if:
- A physician or nurse practitioner refers you for testing
- You have been diagnosed with prostate cancer and are receiving treatment
- You are being monitored after treatment for prostate cancer
If you do not have a referral from a physician or nurse practitioner, the cost for PSA screening tests will come from your pocket.
OHIP also covers treatment for prostate cancer and post-treatment
Certain drugs may not be covered by OHIP but many private insurance plans do.