COVID 19 letter from the Walnut Foundation
To Our Walnut Family,
This is a challenging time around the world and here at home in Canada. Knowing that you might have concerns, especially about attending Walnut Foundation meetings and events, I want to reinforce that your health and safety as well as those of our Board of Directors are at the heart of everything we do at The Walnut Foundation. The Board of Directors have met by conference call and have reviewed the Public Health information available and the risks of COVID-19 (also known as the Coronavirus) and our top priority remains committed to ensuring that your safety is top priority.
Currently, COVID-19 poses a low risk to Canadians, however, the situation is fluid and continues to change by the hour, so we are unsure of the long-term prognosis. You may have heard the recommendation of the Canadian Government to avoid travel outside of Canada, the closing of schools and the cancellation of sports leagues and major events. At the Walnut Foundation, our next monthly meeting is scheduled for Sunday April 5th and at this time, we are unsure whether to cancel. Therefore, we are going to wait to see how the situation evolves over the next two weeks before making a final decision. We appreciate your understanding and we will continue to communicate with you via emails.
Please remember there is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19. The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this virus. Prevention measures include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 15 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill
- Stay home when you are ill
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the garbage and wash your hands
- If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve or arm
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Thank you for your understanding. On behalf of the Board of Directors of the Walnut Foundation
Sincerely, Ken Noel, President
The Walnut Foundation